Vein running across rib cage, soreness, visible. X-rays done, no calcium deposit. Causes?

I came to this site as I found a discussion very similar to my case. It s listed in the window below where I m typing at this minute. On my right side, it feels like there is a vein (maybe the diameter of a large earth worm ) that runs across the type of my rib cage. It appears to start between the 3rd/4th rib from the bottom. I noticed soreness on that side when I d wake up in the morning last week. Over the weekend I started to notice the vein. It s just a little tender to the touch, but otherwise does not bother me. I went into a 24 hour clinic yesterday and they took X-rays - ruled out anything calcium-deposit related. They recommended a general surgeon - I have a doctors appt in 3 to 4 weeks, but thought I d check online as well.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012