Varicocele in right testicle, slight pain. Can I have surgery at a later date?

hello doctors, i am 22 years old. i was diagnosed to have varicocele in my right testicle for 3 years. it has slighty pain but it was tolerable. My doctor advised me that i can have surgery after marriage. My question is, can i have surgery after 5 years from now or after 10 years from now as my doctor advised me? thanks :) i can tolerate the pain, the pain is 4 out of 10. (10 is the most painful) thankyou! :)
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013
Urologist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
U may wait if the pain is tolerable.
After marriage, if fathering is delayed for more than one year along with low count/ motility on semen analysis, operation is advisable,
Best regards