Vaginal yeast infections, swollen and itchy vagina, done monistat 3 treatment and taken diflucan, on ortho tri cyclen lo. Can take probiotic supplements?

Hi, I have vaginal yeast infections re occur alot!!! About a week ago I got one that was sooo bad my vaginal walls where swollen and in soo much pain! The irritation n itch where excrutiating!! My gyno gave me diflucan n it did not help I also did a monistat 3 treatment n 3 days later took another diflucan!! Now my symptoms have gone away but NOT COMPLETLEY!! I still feel irritation a lil at times n a itch!! Also I have a boyfriend I am sexually active with him on a regular basis he also always cums inside of me! And also I am on Ortho tricyclen Lo Birth control!!!.....So I need to know what I need to to to Protect myself from the yeast infections to keep occuring! What can I do to prevent them??? PLEASE HELP!!! I have started eating more yogart n am wondering if maybe I should take a Probiotic supplement daily?? Thanks in advance!!
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012