Using preparation h for hemorrhoid. Getting burning sensation. How to overcome this?

I have a small (about 1/4 inch) sore right by my anus that was blue like a hemerrhoid but now seems to be more like open skin. It is annoying but not really painful. It s not oozing or anything and I ve been using Preperation H & tucks pads on it. I ve never had hemerrhoids before - even during my two pregnancies. Will a hemerrhoid do this when it s healing? It does burn slightly when I first put a tucks pad on it.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
From symptoms it seems your having anal fissure with anal tag.I would suugest you to consult a generan surgeon who may perform P/R and proctoscopy on you to determine what exactly this mass is, accordingly he/she may prescribe you treatment.
Hope this answers your question.