Using braces, lower gums swollen after having tums for acid reflexes. How to reduce swelling?

I am in braces (almost 3 years - just about done) and yesterday I woke up with my gums swollen on the front lower. In one spot the gum is up past the brackets (not over but in between). I went to my ortho and he told me I was not flossing which is untrue. I brush, water pick AND floss. 10 grand in braces...I am not skipping the routine. The night before I was sick, and I threw up once. Took tums for some severe acid reflux which is not common. The next day I had the swelling . By that night the upper gums were swelling and I had a bubble in the roof of my mouth behind the front two teeth . This morning after brushing, flossing, salt water rinses all day etc, the swelling has not changed. I have a doc appt set up, as well as a dental appt but I could not get in right away and I am worried.
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012