Used topical spray for a contusion on toe. Caused itching. What can help?

I used a topical and spray-form NSAID ( Diclofenac ) for a contusion on my toe a week back. The orthopaedician strapped my toes together and advised rest/ice/diclofenac, but there were no bony injuries. However, the NSAID and/or the strap plaster caused severe blebs/itching/ erythema over my foot. I removed the strap and stopped applying anything. One dermatologist prescribed Fexofenadine and Topical Fluticasone/Mupirocin. It did not get better. The blebs burst and are quite painful. I started a course of AmoxClav (initially for my sore throat, but will cover any soft-tissue superinfections, right?) and got a tetanus toxoid booster since these were on my feet and I m in India. Consulted another leading dermatologist who thinks I have severe eczematous contact dermatitis ... I ve a long history of childhood urticaria and allergic sinusitis as well. He has advised saline soaks for the raw area and put me on a tapered course of Omnacortil. Should I start it at all? How much weight gain can I anticipate? If I drastically cut back on the calories calories, will it affect the wound healing (the steroids adding fuel to it)? My med student brain is driving me insane and I m scared to bug any of my professors! Please help.
Asked On : Fri, 27 Apr 2012