Use of renalog tablet

hi me want to know the use t rinaloge
Asked On : Wed, 9 Mar 2011
Renalog tablets are a combination of herbal extracts which has been claimed to improve renal disease, hypertension and other systemic chronic problems. Since its efficacy has not been proven with controlled clinical trials, it is not advisable to use these tablets without strict medical supervision.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Welcome To Health Care Magic.
Renalog is used in treatment of High blood pressure,certain heart disease and kidney disorders.
Nephrologist Dr. Avinash Ignatius's  Response
Renalog contains alfa ketoanalogues is a dietary amino acid supplement prescribed to patients with chronic kidney disease along with a low protein diet. Although it is said to slow the disease progression. As of now the evidence in favor of it is very weak.
The recommended dose to be taken is 1 tab for every 5kg of body weight (12 tabs per day for a 60kg person). which is rarely prescribed due to it's cost.