Urine test showing mucus threads present. What does it mean?

ColorYELLOW
PH6A.0
Specific Gravity1.020
TransparencyHAZY
GlucoseNEGATIVE
KetoneNEGATIVE
BloodNEGATIVE
AmorphousUrates FEW
BacteriaOCCASIONALE
pithelial CellsRARE
MucusThreads MANY
RBC0‑1/HPF
WBC0‑1/HPF
CastsNONE
CrystalsNONE
ROUTINE:
MICROSCOPIC:
ProteinNEGATIVE
Can someone please tell me what should i do with the mucus
Since it says many? Thanka
Asked On : Tue, 28 May 2013
Urologist 's  Response
Good day!

Mucus threads in the urine does not have any clinical consequence. It is usually caused by food that we eat and is excreted in the urine and in the stools. You don't have to do anything with it and it will go away on it's own. You may want to drink plenty of water since the specific gravity of your urine is 1.020 and we want it at 1.010 or less. Specific gravity is a measurement of how much substance is present in your urine in ratio to the total water. The higher the specific gravity the more dehydrated you are. Try getting 1.5 to 2 liters per day and you'll be fine.

I hope i helped you by answering your question.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.