Upper stomach pain, nausea, foul taste in mouth, brown worm in stools. Thoughts?

I ve has a pain in my upper belly region for about a week with a fair amount of nausea vomiting though. Also have had a really foul taste in my mouth..the pain started dissipating some a couple of days ago and about an hour ago I had bowel movement and there was a brown wormlike thing about 10 inches smelled like the bad taste I ve had..almost metalic tasting..for the past hour I am nauseous again..kind of worried too. Your thoughts? By the way, I virtually never had stomachs or bowel issues
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012
Hi welcome to HCM
It could be Round worms infestation.symptoms like malabsorption,nausea,vomiting,weakness ,diarrhea ,taste alteration could be common.Immediatly get investigations like complete blood picture,stool culture,urin micro and culture to cnfirm the diagnosis.Drugs like Albendazole,metronidazole grou of antibiotics will be helpful in your case.Also take tab.pantop and domperidone for symptomatic releif.use medicated soaps.maintain oro-genital hygeine.consult your gastro enterologist for expert management.