Upper back and chest pain. Hard time breathing and sleeping. No anemia or cholesterol. What is wrong?

hi Robert. my girlfriends father is suffering from upper back or upper chest pain , because of this he has been having a hard time sleeping, and breathing , also he has lost weight recently, and when they took him to the hospital the only thing that was found is that he has very low Hemoglobin , and the doctors cant find anything else, they are still doing tests and we are waiting to hear back, so i thought i might look this up also He is 50 years old, and usually very healthy, doesn t have a history with anemia , no cholesterol , no other diseases in the past. Do you have a clue what this might be?
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012