Upper abdominal pain and bright blood with bowel movement, please help

My brother has had a pain in his upper abdomin for some time,right in the middle ,for maybe over a year now, of course he has been to the doctors a few times and they have prescribed various antiacids but this has done nothing. More recently, in the last 2 months he is seeing bright red blood when he goes to the loo. What tests do we need to ask for? as our doctor never does any and i'm very concerned and want him to be checked out. Many thanks
Asked On : Sat, 11 Sep 2010