Upper abdomen feels pressure and throat feels full. Burp is stuck usually. What is it?

My problem is that I feel a strange, full- feeling in my throat . My upper abdomen , just below my breast bone feels pressure. It happens about 4 days a week, on average. It s very annoying, but I can t really call it pain. It s just like a bad headache , only in the chest and abdomen. After a while the pressure gets to you. I feel like I need to burp, but it s stuck and won t come out. When I can get a burp out, it feels good for a few seconds. Sometimes when I massage my abdomen or chest, the burps come out better. I m constantly trying to clear my throat. I ve tried proton pump inhibitors, but they don t really help. . What do you think it could be?
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012
Feb 2016
Hi. This looks like you are anxious and swallowing a lot of air , of course unknowingly. Burping consciously can get the food or acid to come into esophagus or the throat enhancing the problem. I hope you are not diabetic. Such conditions can be helped with reglan or domperidone under Doctor's supervision. You are already taking proton pump inhibitor. Try to move around after food , do not lie down immediately after food. Avoid oily and spicy foods. If this does not solve your problem you may be advised Endoscopy.