Underwent colonoscopy. Suffering from flatulence and bloating of stomach. Is this normal after colonoscopy?

I underwent colonoscopy on 9th May,2012 without sedation . The pain was excruciating and I got cramps and was put on IV. I recovered within 45 minutes.The result of the test was a normal colon . I am on normal diet now but am suffering from flatulence and bloating of stomach.Is this normal after colonoscopy? When will this subside?There is no blood in stools or abdominal pain,only discomfort due to distention of stomach.
Asked On : Thu, 17 May 2012