1. was it conventional or Laproscopic hernia repair
2. As the hernia involves the abdomen,harm to intestine is probable, and this might have resulted in weakness of the muscles.
3. hernia itself means that there was pre existence of weakness of rectus abdominis muscle
, so aim should be to strengthen the rectus muscle.
4. because you have hernia repair so under no circumstances you should hold your breath while doing tasks, known as the Valsalva Maneuver
which result in increase intra abdominal pressure and further worsening the condition.
5. If you do undertake any treatment make sure its under continued monitoring and done with caution.