Undergone cervical disc surgery, need to take antibiotics before dental work. Antibiotics before having tattoo?

Hello! I had cervical dics replacement surjury 21 months ago. I usually need to take an antibiotic prior to dental work, 4 pills (1) hour prior to cleaning and if I would have any other type of dental work and additional week of antibiotics . I had a tattoo yesterday on my arm , do I need to take an antibiotic for the tattoo?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Certain procedures, such as a root canal or tooth extraction, may allow bacteria from the mouth to enter the bloodstream. Rarely these bacteria can infect the heart valves and lining of the heart, causing them to become inflamed in susceptible individuals.This inflammation is called infective endocarditis.Infective endocarditis has the potential to cause catastrophic medical problems, including heart failure and leakage of the heart valves.
You do not need antibiotics for body piercings, tattoos, vaginal delivery, and hysterectomy.I suggest to consult your doctor for further treatment.Hope this helps.Take care.