Undergone abdominal hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy performed for uterine fibroids. Have painful urination. What is the reason for pain?

Hi Dr. Sree, My mom underwent total abdominal hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo- oophorectomy (TAHBSO) performed for uterine fibroids (myoma). After her operation from recovery room to designated hospital room, I noticed that there was blood on her urinary catheter tube flowing to urinay bag, the doctor told us that it was only caused by catherization,friction and irritation then later on when the urinary catheter was ordered to remove by doctor, i ask my mom if theres stilll blood in her urine, finally there is no blood in her urine except from her vigina which i think blood from vaginal is normal caused by operation but if the blood from her urine is not caused by urinary catherization is theat normal to have blood in urine? She presented 8 days post-operation, complaining of painful urination at then lower abdomen and her private area, then around 15 minutes the pain goes off after urination. She have normal blood pressure , had no fever, no blood in urine,no difficulty when urinating just experiencing more pain when urinating, is that normal? What is the possible reason or cause why my mom is experiencing more pain when urinating??We have scheduled a post operation check-up tomorrow but i would like to have a second opinion from you. Your opinion will be well appreciated and will help a lot!!! Thanks and Godbless you more! Lilibeth Castillo from Philippines
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012