Undergoing treatment for ILD, have inflammation on ankles. How can this be cured?

Hello sir, My wife is taking following medicinesfor as prescribed by on doctor for the treatment of ILD for the last three years. wysolone 10 mg 1-0-0 azoran 50 mg 1-0-0 mucinac 600 1-1-1 shelcol D 1-0-0 telma H 1-0-0 for the last 5 months she has been suffeing by inflammation on both ankles about which doctor says this due to side effects of stroid and azoran. kindly suggest any treatment for this. my wife ia 60 and nondiabetic and of 54 kg weight . after taking above medicines she has remarkable improvement in breathing problem. thanks, NK Puri mob 0000 email YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
Thanks for your question

It is not uncommon for the patient to have ankle swelling on long term steroid treatment.

You need to consult a doctor to prescribe either a diuretic medicine as suitable or decrease the steroid dose.

And do not be oblivious of the fact that it could be due to many other reasons as well, therefore consultation with a doctor is must.

Hope that answers