hello and welcome to HCM forum,
first of all i would like to inform you that it is lichenoid reaction if i am taking you right, this is an allergic response
which occurs due to a number of factors, some of them include;
oral medication or drug interaction
, dental fillings(amalgam), alcohol intake,etc.
therefore, do not worry these symptoms subside gradually once the irritating agent is removed and as you mentioned your dentist
has already checked and prescribed you a topical gel. this will definitely resolve the symptoms, you just have to make sure to maintain your oral hygiene
by using antibacterial mouth rinse.
also visit your dentist at regular intervals, to make sure that this reaction has subsided .
just be calm and keep applying the gel,
i wish you good health,