Uncomfortable tiny hole or dimple above anus since childhood. No pain. Anything wrong?

hi im 21 years old and noticed a few years ago that i have like a hole or dimple above my anus iv never had any pain or anything from it and when i had my daughter i noticed shes got a tiny one in the same place i have never noticed it and my mum said she didnt relli pay attention wen i was younger but its bin a bit embarrecing when my boyfriend spotted it and asked me what it was anyway just today first time in my life it feels a bit uncomfortable duno wether iv sat wrong or something but im very bad for looking online and i think iv scared myself have u any idea what it is and it take ages to get an appointment at my surgery ?
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013
Hi ,

welcome to health care magic.Thanks for writing here.

Dimple above anus since childhood suggests a condition known as spinal dysraphism.It is a heridatory problem.

There is a defect in complete closure of distal neural tube before birth when a foetus is still in mothers womb.

It usually does not create any problem,but some times hairs can arise over it or cysts can devolp in it.

All you need to consult a good neuro surgeon and plastic surgeon who can treat you accordingly.

I hope this can solve your query.Take care.