Unable to take deep breath. Is it a serious problem? Overweight and a non smoker

Im 22 overwieight and a non smoker (I have smoked a small number of cigars) and now having problems breathing deeply, normal breathing I do fine so I figured it is not an emergency situation. But I cant breath deep, feels like I have a tight belt around my stomach and just cant get the air deeper. Is there anything serious about this? I am a hypochondriac and have been thinking it was a pulmonary embolism which has me getting little sleep for fear my family wil find me dead in the morning.
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012