Ultrasound shows enlargement of prostrate with significant urine retention in the bladder. Healing time?

Hi i have frequent urination problem. An ultra sound scan showed grade 1 enlargement of prostrate with significant urine retention in the bladder . Renal function is normal. I have been put on solitral tablets for 20 days. I have taken them for four days now but see no significant improvement. How long does it take for the medication to be effective? Do i need to combine with any other medication?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013