Ultrasound shows echogenic foci in the left kidney with no calcifications. Treatment?

I have undergone utz of the whole abdomen , and was seen to have 2 tiny echogenic structure at the mid segment to lower pole of the left kidney measuring 0.40cm and 0.42cm, with renal parenchymal calcification . what should I do? Hi! I have undergone utz of the whole abdomen and was seen to have 2 tiny echogenic foci at the mid segment of the left kidney measuring 0.40cm and 0.42cm, no caliectasis was demonstrated bilaterally, but with renal parenchymal calcification on the left kidney was noted. What are the treatment options for this? do I need to take medications? if yes, what meds will I take. Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Urologist 's  Response
Hi
Welcome to HCM.
Diagnosis is not yet reached.
You need renal function tests, urine analysis and PLAIN CT KUB.
Once the diagnosis is made, appropriate treatment can be started.
Best regards
DR GS