Ultrasound post semen analysis shows bilateral mild varicocele without relux. Further treatment?

After above semen analysis my doctor without giving any antibiotics he advised me to go for ULTRASOUND and the report is given please advice. BOTH TESTES : appears average in size showing normal homogenous echopattern, No masses, cyst or abnormal calcification are seen The Rt. testis measures 40 x 18 mm. The Lt. testis measures 41 x21 mm. THE EPIDIDMYSIS : appears sonographically normal with no evidences of masses , cysts or abnormal calcifications are seen. THE TUNICA VAGINALIS : shows normal sonographic appearance with no evidences of hydrocele are seen. LF. pampiniform plexus showed MILD DILATATION,with average diameter = 3.Ogmm. No reflux was noted. Rt pampiniform plexus showed MILD DILATATION, with average diameter = 3.04mm. No reflux was noted.OPINION BILATERAL MILD VARTCOCELE WITH NO RELUX. After this report also he didn t given any antibiotic and he told me that i need operation. Do i need any operation or i can solve above given problem with antibiotic. waiting for your reply. thanks
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have bilateral mild varicocele .Since there is no reflux and it being mild varicocele you do not need any surgery. As regards taking antibiotics I would like state that antibiotics never cures Varicocele.Varicocele is engorgement of veins and it is not due to bacterial infection so antibiotics has no role to play to cure varicocele.
Please use scrotal support available in pharmacy to support testicles.