Two discs removed from lower back. Having pain. Suspecting degenerative disc disease. Cause?

I had two disks removed from my lower back due t a car accident in 2009. Its been ten months since the surgery and I have been having progressively more pain. Now I m beig told I have a bone spur and another herniated disk below the two removed prior. Doctor said it looks like thespine is trying to fuse itself. There has been talk of degenerative disk disease ect... I had a perfectly healthy back before y accident.... wat does all this mean and why is it hapening?
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012