Twitching in ear when laying down, issues with allergies, using nose spray. What is causing this?

I have a twitching or throbbing feeling on my left ear. It’s on the outside where if I was wearing head phones they would be sitting. It doesn’t do it all the time but I notice it when I’m laying down and that ear is on my pillow. I also work in a call center and wear a headset on that ear. I ve been having really bad issues with allergies . I use nose spray everyday and I don’t know if the allergies are related. What could be causing this?
Asked On : Mon, 7 May 2012
Feb 2016
Hi. This is obvious that the headphones has caused this .
Get a complete examination by an ENT Specialist and audiometry and Contrast enhanced CT scan of mastoids to rule out vascular problems.
Allergies definitely add on the present problem. Follow the advise of your ENT Specialist. It may not be possible to change the job in a call-center, i do understand.