Tumors on fingers. Webbing between thumb and forefinger. What are they?

I am going in for a tumor excision on my thumb . There are multiple tumors and one lump on the palm side at the base of the thumb joint , this one is non movable and hard, the others Are near the webbing between thumb and forefinger. The dr does not think they are ganglion but is unsure so they are coming out. Any thoughts as to what they are? They are not terribly painful bless bumped and the spot on the back is more of a Gerald ache.
Asked On : Wed, 7 Nov 2012