Trying to ween off Xanax took for high BP, get chest pains when I shout. Is it due to coming off Xanax ?

I am trying to ween myself off of Zanax prescribed to me by my doctor for high blood pressure . I realized that I was addicted to it when after 3 years I needed the doctor to increase the dosage which he refused. At that point I decided to get off of it. Not easy. Wow. Anyway my husband suffers from Bipolar and even though he takes meds for it, he will still flip on a dime. It is crazy. When he yells at me or insults me I yell back. He is not going to yell at me and me just sit there and take it. Sooooo then after I yell I get chest pains. Why? Is it because I m coming off the Xanax and taking a couple of aspirins don t seem to be doing the trick. Is it because I am suffering from anxiety and need to go a little slower taking myself off this poison. (Zanax )
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013