Trouble maintaining erection after fissure. No improvement with viagra. What to do?

I had an accident while having sex in 2009 and ever since I have had trouble mantaining an erection
I have seen a few doctors and had some x rays done and they say I had a minor fissure that would heal on its own, however I have lost sensibility in that area and typically I can only have sex once and is difficult for me to get another erection. Some times I don't eyaculate and some other times I eyaculate but don't realize but afterwards when my penis has become flaccid. a Doctor recommended I take viagra but I am not sure I took it right cause I did not feel any improvement. What can i do?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013
Urologist 's  Response
hi,
your erectile dysfunction could be related to your previous accident or it might be unrelated. I dont know your age which is very important. Most common cause of rectile dysfunction is psychological. If you have good, sustained early morning erection then most likely you are suffering from psychological cause. If not check your blood sugar levels, fasting lipid profile. If they are normal you may need ultrasound of penis (penile doppler) to look for any abnormality in blood supply to the penis. please consult a urologist.