Tripped and bent pinky finger way back further with no pain but finger swollen.

ok - I tripped and bent my pinky finger all the way back - further than I ve ever seen a finger go. I do not think it is broken as I can bend with no pain but finger is swollen like a sausage and throbbing. Have been also getting small amount of pain in hand area. - icing, ibu
Asked On : Fri, 30 Mar 2012
Dentist, Periodontics 's  Response
As seems to inflammation of the finger. may be you had a unnoticed trauma of the finger. nothing to worry much.
Wrap a gauze dipped in cold water around the finger for few hours it helps in reducing the swelling. start taking antiinflammatory tbs. look out for the relief. if things worsen then need to consult an orthopaedician to rule out if any fracture line in the finger.