Tremors in big toe, increases during activity, cramps in foot and calf, numbness in feet, frequent urge to stretch body. Signs of Parkinson's?

Dear Doctor, For the last three months I have tremors in the thumb of my left foot. It disappears during sleep and when I am calmly reading a book. It increases when I am writing something, cutting fruit, selecting something to purchase from a shop, using keyboard, talking emotionally etc. Only thumb of left foot is trembles even if I am writing with hand. Other, perhaps, related things I notice is the weaker grip of my left foot thumb and connected finger compared to right foot if I try to hold anything with them. I also have cramps in my left foot and calf . I also feel reduced sensation or a different sensation in both feet not exactly numbness or tingling . Sometimes I wake up at night and feel like stretching arms, legs, and entire body which gives me relief but does not satisfy my feeling and body wants me to keep stretching. Do you think it is the early stage of parkinsonism? Can you suggest some remedies and/or tips to cure my aliment?? Thanking you in advance for your cooperation. Best wishes for you. Mohammad Iqbal Karachi - Pakistan Email : YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012
Hi Iqbal,
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
If you are aged above 50yrs and there is history of Parkinsonism in the family then it may be a possibility.
Otherwise also it may be a harbinger of some neurological problem and must be rule out.
You should get complete neurological examination and investigation to detect a cause because such presentation may be due to tumor, abscess, vascular anomalies, problems with circulation in brain.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!