Transgendered, on Estradiol Valerate, susten, have intense pain on the injection site till the knee. Cause of concern?

I am transgendered and taking Estradiol Valerate 10mg/1ml every five days. Also Susten 100 mg 50 mg/ml IM once per month. I inject into my upper outer thigh area. I injected the progesterone into my thigh yesterday and now have a great deal of pain from the injection site down the back of my thigh to my knee . Should I be concerned or will this pass? The Susten has always hurt for a day or two at the injection site but not this bad.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012