Transabdominal and transvaginal ultrasound showed setting of polycystic ovarian appearance, biochemical relation required. Explanation?

I just had a transabdominal and a transvaginal ultrasound scans today. My doctor is on holidays and I do not understand the results. They read: The right ovary measures 5 cc and the left 10 cc with multiple follicles on the left, a dominant follicle is noted on the right. CONCLUSION: 1. Borderline left ovarian volume and a number of follicles which can be seen in the setting of polycystic ovarian appearances 2.Biochemical correlation required. Can you please explain these results to me. I had severe stomach cramps on my left had side three days ago. I am 40 and planning to undertake IVF in the next 3 - 4 months. I am also at Day 9 of my cycle and I have been ovulating perfectly between days 10 to 14 for the last 12 months. My period is regular. I have no other symptoms of polycystic ovaries (eg.not hirsute, no facial acne, etc). I am very fit and not overweight. Can you please comment? Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  35 Awaiting Answer