Torn ligament, tingling and numbness in toes, blue vein seen across foot. Suggestion?

I fractured my (left) foot and tore the ligements around where my ankle is. It s been about four days and the swelling has gone down but my toes feel tingly and numb. When I take off the aircast to hop in the shower I can see a large blue vein across the outer side of my foot and part of the heel has a purple tinge. My appointment with an ortho surgeon is 6 days away so I m not sure if this is something I should be concerned about right away or can wait until then. I ve never broken/tore anything before so I m not sure what to expect.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012