Tongue swelling on consuming left overs, swelling and itching of fingers and toes, temporary relief with prednisone, negative lupus test. Help?

I woke up with a swollen tongue after consuming some leftovers. The problem then shifted to fingers and toes. My fingers and toes began swelling up and itchy uncontrolably. The problem doesnt occur in the same place but would rather switch on the days it flares up. I went to the ER and was given Prednisone for 5 days, the symptoms went away but has since returned after the drugs finished. Also my doc did a series of test including lupus and they all came back negative. HELP. I need my life back..
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012