Tongue soreness. Had canker sore. Gum inflammation. Recovering from bronchitis. Any ideas?

My tongue was sore on the left side, I thought it was because I bit it in my sleep, a day to two later I developed a1.5cm canker sore there overnight, within a day I had a couple more smaller canker sores on the top and sides of my tongue and one on my inner lip. The same day I noticed that I had what appeared to be small areas of inflammation on my gum line where the gums were red with brownish edges in some places. When the first sore appeared I saw my dentist who referred me to an oral surgeon who recommended coming back in a few weeks if it didn t heal. Now I m out to the country and although the first one is less painful, the fact that so much of my gums are now effected concerns me. No fever or other symptoms, I am just getting over a long bout of bronchitis . The ulcers all look like photos of canker sores, not herpes or squamous cell carcinoma . Any ideas?
Asked On : Wed, 28 Nov 2012