Toe injury. Put bandaid. Blue-green discoloration. Not swollen or draining. Infected?

Hello. A couple of days ago, I smashed my pinkie toe into a wall and it bled. I washed it wth water and put a band aid and white sock on. The next day i washed it with water again and put a new band aid and white sock on. The day after that, I washed it, changed the band aid, but I put a blue sock on. I didn t wash it that night. I washed it the next day, but noticed that my toe was a bit bluish and greenish. My cut looks normal, it s not swollen or draining, it s just theres a few marks of bluish greenish color and I m not sure if it s infected.
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012
Jul 2012
Hi there.

The regular cleaning & washing of the injury seems fine but i disagree with the bandaid use & togehter with the use of socks will cause the wound to get secondarily infected.

Dermatology however is a 'visual' field & as such, this lesion needs to be viewed & it would be great if you could upload a clear digital photograph of the lesion onto this website using the upload data icon.

Alternatively one could approach a dermatologist or a surgeon nearest you for best results as it may require an intervention as regards the nail removal etc. & may require a systemic antibiotic & antiinflammatory agent

Cheers & wish you all the best & take care. Do leave the area open to facilitate healing.

Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD