Toddler with high fever, wakes up crying in the middle of night, has diarrhea, low appetite. Remedy?

Hi my toddler is 15 months, she is burning up but when we ve taken a temp under her arm it s 36.0. I m not sure though how accurate that is as the thermometer we have is only a small one! She has been waking up in the night wingeing, crying and for the past few days has been off her milk. Also the last two stools have been diarhoea. She has been drinking other fluids but not as much as usual. What should I do?
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012
First get your thermometer checked for accuracy.
When ever you measure the temperature, wait for atleast 2 to 3 min and then read the temperature.
If it is fever, along with crankiness, loose stools, low appetite- may be a viral illness.
How is her activity?
What is the duration of illness?
You may give her Acetaminophen syrup in recommended doses if temperature is more than 100`F.
If she continues to be unwell, have a word with your pediatrician.
Give her plenty of water, soups etc. If she has persistent loose stools, try to avoid fruit juices.
Hope you find my answer useful.