Toddler. Swollen left temple, puffy cheek. What is causing swelling?

Toddler without any history of injury or trauma has swollen left temple. It seemed to appear very suddenly, right after her bath. It is not tender to touch, she is not complaining of any discomfort and she is behaving normally (dancing, singing, etc.). Her cheek is also slightly puffy. No redness, no marks, and she does not react when you push on it. Called doc who said not to worry, but I can t help worrying! Could there be anything wrong with her? if not, what caused the swelling? Doc said ok to put her to bed, and I did, but I can t take my eyes off the baby monitor!
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
There seems to be no reason to panic. I wish i could see the lesion but by your descriptions it seems to be some kind of allergy or insect bite.Kindly apply a calamine ointment and give her some mild antiallergic drops.I hope this will take care of the problem.As a wonderful mother keep a close watch on her.It she worsens get a paediatric consultantionHope this answers your query.Have a nice day.