Tiredness followed by sudden loss of consciousness, suffer with low BP. Symptoms of something severe?

Hi, My dad is overseas this week, he felt a bit tired around 1 am then when stood up to walk he suddenly dropped unconscious with eyes open, tongue outside, and was releasing loud noises and gasses (like Diarrhea ), my mum tried to wake him but his was not responsive, she splashed some water on his face, then he regained consciousness but couldn t hold himself up properly, and wasn t aware that he was unconscious. When she took him to the local clinic they gave him a drip and said he should be fine, when lying down in the clinic this happened again so they called an ambulance. They took some blood test in the hospital and released him after few hours, he slept for 20 hours after that, and now he seems fine. The doctors overseas didn t give any clear cause of why this happened and how to prevent it in the future, my mum wasn’t very happy about this as it’s a serious issue. My dad has low blood pressure but never lost consciousness, sometimes he feels tired but then just lies down for a bit then he s fine. We are really worried that this might happen again when no one is around to help. Are these symptoms of anything serious? What should we do if this happens again? Please help us. Thank you very much.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013