Tip of penis discharges a clear jelly. What is that?

Hi there, - Quite embarrassing really but I m a 33 year old male and having just had a pee noticed what I can only describe best as a clear jelly like globule coming from the tip of my penis . I was quite taken a back by what I saw, but when I showed my wife she just thought it was nothing to worry about, and having looked on Chinese forums (she is obviously Chinese) she said it is because we haven t had sex in over a week. - This is a long time for us to go without it! I m not so convinced by this, and as I can feel a slight burning I m worried it may have something to do with my prostate! I have had recurrent bouts of burning symptoms over the last several years. Since my wife had our 2 kids she has had problems with reoccurring water infections, and after numerous tests and investigations there s very little they can find or do about it. We ve always thought that we might be somehow passing the water infection back and forth to each other, but when we have brought this up to a doctor they have shrugged it off! We are both completely faithful so there s 150% no chance of anything sexually transmitted being involved! Can anyone give me any ideas as to why I get the reoccurring bouts (perhaps once of twice every three to four months) of burning typically lasting 1 hour with intense uncomfortable burning and the feeling of needing to wee? This has become something I ve just had to learn to live with, but it would be great to get some ideas on what it might be. Finally, any ideas on today s clear jelly like substance which I ve never noticed before in my life? It is worth me adding that at the time of peeing I was in no way sexually aroused in any way!!! Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your description. I suggest you not to worry much. Your wife was correct about the clear jelly like substance came out from your penis after pee. It is left over semen. Of course, mixed with some urine. This happens often. May be you noticed it just now. The burning you are worried about may be due to inflammation of the ureter or nothing to worry at all. Just have plenty of water and you will see relief.

Hope this answers your query. Available for further clarifications.
Good luck.