Tiny red spots on feet and ankles. On peritoneal dialysis. Is it due to platelets?

I am 72 years old and have been on peritoneal dialysis for almost 10 years. For the most part I am healthy. Recently I have noticed tiny red spots that have turned brown and look like freckles on my feet and ankles. My kidney disease was diagnosed as HSP and I had the red spots at the beginning of this diagnosis. I am wondering if this could be a reoccurence of the HSP or something else. I have mentioned it to my kidney specialist and he is testing me for something about my platelets. Do you have any advice?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jun 2012