Tightness and tingling in the chest, shortness of breath. Had an open heart surgery. Is it normal?

My dad had open heart surgery about 3-4 months ago. He is complaining of a tighness and tingling (like needles poking him) sensation in his chest . He also say that his chest is just sore to the touch. He isn t complaining of pain anywhere else, but his chest. Also says he has shortness of breath when walking up hill or after long periods of physcial activity. Is this normal or do we need to take him to the ER?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012