Tightness and pain in the mid-back radiating to the chest. Feeling of something blocking in the esophagus. Heart problem?

I am having tightness and pain in my mid-back. The discomfort in my back makes me want to arch my back in hopes that it will crack and feel better. The pain comes straight through to my chest . The pain is felt through the bottom of my sternum. It also feels as if there is something blocking my esophagus when I swallow. When I burp I feel a tiny bit of relief for a minute then it comes back. I have had back problems and indigestion problems in the past. I was thinking it was my back but the swallowing issue leads me to believe it could be indigestion. Things I have read suggestion it could be something to do with my heart . Not sure what it is or how to stop the pain. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013