Tight foreskin around penis head, frenulum attached to foreskin and tip of penis. Procedure to loosen foreskin?

Hi, My husband and I are experiencing difficulty in our love life, because his foreskin is tight around his penis head and it causes him pain when it starts to get pushed back. He was given lotion by his doctor to help loosen it but its not fully working. I noticed that the frenulum is attached to his foreskin and is attached to the tip of his penis head right where his urethra hole is. He has never had his head fully exposed and it causes him great anxiety . Is there a procedure that can be done to help him with this? Is the procedure painful? How long will it take to heal?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012