Tight chest, inability to catch breath. Pneumonia? Have chronic bronchitis. Suggest

Hi, I am a 49 year old healthy female. For the past 10 days my chest has felt very tight and somewhat difficult to catch my breath. I thought it could be bronchitis, since I have chronic bronchitis and seasonal allergies which when acting up will manifest in my chest. I saw my physician who put me on an antibiotic . After 7 days I still had bad chest pains and no productive cough. I called him and he ordered a chest X-ray . The X-ray came back clear so he ruled out pneumonia . The chest pains worsened so much that it felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest and I became very hot and sweaty, difficult to breathe etc... I am a single mom so I was trying not to scare my 9 year old daughter. My brother and mother came over and while my mom watched my daughter my brother took me to the ER. My EKG came back abnormal, low frequency and early pulmonary disease. I was a smoker back in high school, college and my 20 s. They have recommended I see are cardiologist which I am on October 10th. However since my episode which was this past Wednesday pm, I am experiencing terrible pain in my pectorals, shoulders, neck and upper back area. The pain has not subsided and I can barely even change my clothes. To add to this, I am experiencing chest pains again today with severe tightening feeling like the elephant is back sitting on my chest. Im light headed, and having periods of feeling hot. Is this something I should go back to the ER for or am I just overreacting and should wait for my appointment with the cardiologist?
Asked On : Wed, 26 Sep 2012