Tickling soft spot on head causing hair fall. Cause & remedy for this?

Hello, I am a 30 year old female with no kids and I have no major pain. What I do have is a soft spot on the top of my head and it truly feels like something is constantly ticking this spot. So I pick at it because it tickles and it really drives me crazy. I ve washed and cleaned my hair used different shampoos and stylist. No one seems to understand why this soft spot tickles so bad. Now here is the weird part, I used to have the same problem with my hair down there...But up till a year ago I ve been waxing. Before waxing, If I were in a comfortable situation and I could stick my hands in my pants I would pull on my hairs. There was 1 spot in particular that tickled the most and when I waxed that spot for the first time It felt like an explosion in my body. A good one. Now to my question: I don t want to wax my head to stop the tickling but I need to do something because my hair is falling out. What should I do?
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012
The mild tickling or pulsatile sensation in the head is a benign finding and is not likely to have any clinicval significance. This is likely to subside on its own without any treatment. You may take vitamin B 12 supplements to help.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal