Tick bite. Raised spot, red. Normal?

Two days ago I was working in my yard and hauling mulch from a family members house to my own. On the way home I felt a stinging sensation on my leg. Once I raises up my leg I noticed I had a tick on me. Without thinking I grabbed the tick with my fingernails and yanked it out. It was still alive and a pretty good sized one. Had a white dot on his back. Appeared to still have its head attached. I now have a raised up spot on my leg and its red. Is this normal?
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013
Thanks for the query

Yes this is normal.

sometimes there can even be an ulcerated lesion at the site of bite.

This is called as eschar.

apply some antibacterial cream at the site of bite,

It will heal within a week.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

http://www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-rahul-kumar/64818

Thank you

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.