Throbbing pain in the toe, pain sometimes in entire foot. Why ?

Five days ago i wacked my toe on my friends shoulder , he came up behind me to scare me and i accidentally kicked him. Since then my toe and around that area has been in alot of pain and its recently started to throb and tingle and sometimes get sharp pains through my entire foot . Also earlier today it started shaking fast like i couldnt control it, i have been having to walk around on the back of my foot too.
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
There can be a possibility that you may have a hair line fracture in foot. I would suggest you to get x ray and confirm the diagnosis. Even if there is no fracture then also I would suggest you to apply buddy splinting, analgesic and ice application.