Throbbing pain in the medial rib area, noticeable on lying down. Colonoscopy showed small benign polyp, awaiting h plyori results. Causes?

I am inquiring about a throbbing like pain in the rib area medial side, that I have had for the last couple of days. It is always noticeable when lying down my left side to sleep, and quite difficult as that is the side I normally sleep on. I am in great shape, not overweight , and generally my husband & I eat quite healthy. I have had normal bowel activity, no radicalopathy of pain to my back, and a colonoscopy last month which revealed a small polyp that was removed but was benign. I just had my routine annual exam 2 weeks ago and complete blood workup which was normal. I sought medical advice here locally with a nurse practioner this past Tuesday and was placed back on Nexium , as she said it could be gastritis. I have been doing more belching than normal, have had bouts of reflux over the years but do not have any other gastritis-like type symptoms. I also requested to have a H. Pylori test and awaiting the results. I have done some research online about this concern, but there seems to be a wide variety of answers. Could you shed some light on what the problem may be.
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012