Throbbing at back of head while resting head back. Taking cholesterol pill, baby aspirin. Cause?

Lately, whenever I lay my head back in a recliner, or against the car head rest, or lay on my back in bed, I get an uncomfortable throbbing in the back of my head where it meets the neck . It s not a painful headache , just a uncomfortable throbbing that lasts for a while. This has been going on for 6 months. I m a 57 year old male in good health. I take a cholesterol pill and a baby aspirin every day, but other than that the only thing I ve been bothered with is sinus problems during flue season. I d hate to think I will never be able to nap in my recliner ever again. lol. What might cause this sudden change?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013